The best bikes for less
Triathlon Bikes is very proud to support Cycling Projects.
For each bike that is purchased from Triathlon Bikes, we donate £10 to the fantastic charity 'Cycling Projects' to try and help everybody get on the road.
Cycling Projects is a national UK cycling charity which promotes inclusive cycling through a range of successful community engagement programmes that give people the opportunity to cycle on a regular basis; through help, support and guidance.
Cycling Projects operates a nationwide network of cycling centres (almost 60 in total) which together provide opportunities for people to cycle in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
Through their Wheels for All and Pedal Away programmes they provide bikes, equipment, and trained helpers for:
· Disabled people.
· Young people.
· People returning to fitness after illness.
The Wheels for All initiative is a nationally recognised programme that embraces all children and adults with disabilities and differing needs, to engage in a quality cycling activity providing fun and stimulating cycling across the UK.
By using specially adapted cycles, the activities are both physically and mentally stimulating and above all fun for everyone involved. All the centres are equipped with specially adapted cycles and Wheels for All trained leaders, who have the knowledge and confidence to work with adapted cycles for participants to enjoy the benefits of cycling. The centres welcome individuals, groups and families to be involved.
Wheels For All Training gives individuals, carers and support staff the confidence to work with adapted cycles for their clients or family member so that all can enjoy the benefits of cycling in a sociable environment. We even provide the adapted cycles so everyone can get involved.
Cycling Projects works with occupational therapists, sports development, local councils, Primary Care Trusts’ care support staff, as well as the support staff and parents of those pre existing services users.
Pedal Away is a community based cycling scheme that enables people to ride, regardless of their age, ability or cycling experience.
We have Pedal Away Cycle Hubs at numerous locations across the UK which will allow you to realise your passion for all things two-wheels!! Our Pedal Away rides are pitched at a level so that anyone can join in no matter when the last time you got on a bike was. They are social rides aimed to turn people from dubious beginner, to independent confident cyclist!
· Ride leaders: experienced staff and volunteers who will guide the ride and offer support, advice and assistance to help you get the most out of your time with us
· Cycle Hub: all rides start and finish from one of our cycle hubs, complete with bikes and helmets which you can borrow for a small donation (£1). You are of course welcome to ride your own bike if you’d prefer
· Routes which follow predominantly traffic-free cycle ways or quiet lanes. The routes are always risk assessed beforehand by ride leaders to ensure you can focus on enjoying your Pedal Away ride and not be worrying about traffic!
· Rides usually last between 1-2 hours and will feature a café stop during or at the end of the ride. Destinations will be announced before the ride so you know where the ride is heading to.
· Good friends! Our rides are built around the positive, welcoming environment a group of likeminded people can bring. The emphasis is not on how far or fast you can ride, but whether you can enjoy yourself whilst doing so! We pride ourselves on these social events on wheels.